KGS (Korean Geotechnical Society) has been formally inaugurated based on research and technical support in regard to geotechnical engineering under the Minister of Construction and Transportation's authorization.
- Do a research on basic theories and applications of Geotechnical engineering.
- Popularize outcomes and research methods of Geotechnical engineering.
- Exchange information and collect data on the scope of Geotechnical engineering.
- Provide technical exchange among KGS members and technical training regarding Geotechnical engineering.
- Publish monthly journals, collected papers including 12 Korean papers and 4 English papers, research reports and books.
- Host academic conferences, lectures, and conferences.
- Carry out field trips and site inspections.
- Continue business with high aims to serve the society’s basic roles in relation to the academic and technical growth of KGS