In the midst of promoting the establishment of a new professional society focused on the development of academic and technology related geotechnical engineering, this society was officially launched with the authority of the Minister of Land, Infrastructure and Transport, Korea Geotechnical Society.
- - Investigate and research on the basic theories and applications of Geotechnical engineering.
- - Publicize the developments and researches involved with the advancement of Geotechnical engineering.
- - Provide a society for the distribution of education, information, and technology advancements related to Geotechnical engineering and its related fields.
- - Provide technical exchange among KGS members and technical training regarding Geotechnical engineering.
- - Publication of an Open Access journal (in Korean), the International Journal of Geo-Engineering (IJGE), the KGS online magazine “Jiban”, news letters, research reports, and books
- - Host conferences including a biannual academic conferences in the spring and fall, lectures, and a variety of workshops and seminars organized by the technical committees.
- - Organize field tours and site inspections.
- - Continue business with high aims to serve the society’s basic roles in relation to the academic and technical growth of KGS