Reward & Punishment Committee's Operation Rules
The rules set guidelines to choose KGS award winners as individuals or groups in terms of technical & academic advances in the field of geotechnical engineering. Futhermore, when rasing public issues which involve dishonor behaviour on KGS or violate the objectives of KGS rules, the committee enacts the rules to impose severe disciplinary action on any involved individuals or groups.
- The committee is composed of one chairperson and less than 20 members and one of its 20members becomes a secretary
- The president appoints the chairperson among its members
- Vice presidents who deal with academic areas, paper collections and academic planning , Korean paper managing director and IJGE editing manager in chief turn into ex-officio members. The president appoints auditors and members who then get through a strict screening
- The chairperson and its members take office for 2 years and the chairperson is not able to continue another 2 year term. However, if the chairperson takes over the ex-chairperson's term, he or she in this case can be re-elected
- If needed, the committee establishes other sub-committees and set detailed rules
- The chairperson or more than half of its members are able to convene a meeting
- To open a meeting, the majority of its members should be present and two thirds of its members are able to reach a resolution
- In principle, a meeting is held behind closed doors
Art.4(Types of 6 KGS Special Awards)
- Academic award: Members or groups who made contributions to KGS and Geotechnical engineering advances
- Academic award: Members or groups who made contributions to the Geotechnical engineering field
- Technical award: Members or groups who made contributions to geotechnical engineering advances
- Author's award: Members who made contributions to the geotechnical engineering field through writing activities
- Special award: Members or groups who made contributions to the public in the KGS and donations to KGS finance
- President's award: Members or groups who made contributions through KGS vcoriented activities
- The committee posts the recommendation guidelines in Dec. Jiban's issue and at KGS homepage
- The specially formed award screening committee recommends KGS lecture, Korean Journal award, IJGE award and YGE Journal award nominees
- Apart from being recommended by the award screening committee, KGS members or committees recommend nominees
- The committee sets up details of the screening procedure for evaluation and recommendation
- The committee recommends all the areas of award winners in and out of Korea under KGS award operation rules
- Once the committee selects nominees, the committee writes up results to the president and recommends to the board of directors
- The nominees recommended by the previous case 2 become the winners by approval from the board of directors. If the board of directors are unable to find the winners, there will be no winners
- In principal, the award goes to one winner. However there will be more than one winner if the committee decides multiple winners.
- If the committee finds no winner, prize-giving won't be held
- Prize giving events take place at the spring general meeting every year
- Prizes are awarded in the form of a plaque or award certificate and additional prizes can be awarded.
- If the prize winner doesn't take his or her award for 6 months, prize giving is cancelled. Furthermore, if fabrication or plagiarism has been found afterwards, this will play a role in taking the award back anytime afterwards.
- Confidentiality- A meeting for choosing the winner is held behind closed doors and the meeting does not have any results of the winner selection such as discussion, consideration and procedures announced to the public
- a notice of winners- In principal, unless any particular reasons happen, a list of winners' names are posted on the KGS homepage before the annual general meeting takes place
- Revisions to the rules- The board of directors are able to have the rules revised through reaching a resolution.
- Exceptions- If any affairs have nothing to do with the Reward & Punishment rules, articles of association and KGS operation rules follow
- The rules take effect after Dec. 1, 2005
- The rules take effect after Apr. 27, 2007
- The rules take effect after Sep. 10, 2010
- The rules take effect after May 21, 2011